Sunday 4 September 2011

#48: Imicus - Animal Factory

 
Animal Factory
Visceral
Inveigle
An Isolation Dawn
The Butterfly Effect
Wither
Killer Lies
Veiled Oedema
Keep Your Halo
Icarus Principle

All songs written by Imicus
 
Miller - vocals
Dale Chapman - guitar
Dan Baker - guitar
Steve Parker - bass
Mark Weatherley - drums
 
This is a band that you probably wouldn't have heard of. I caught them at Download Festival in 2010, where they played the Red Bull Tent just before the band I was in there to see - Taylor Hawkins & The Coattail Riders. They impressed me with their performance, though they'd probably have gotten a lot more attention from people if they'd been around in the mid-to-late 90's than now. I was surprised to find that not only are they from Luton (the city closest to where I live, yet strangely also the city I find hardest to get to), but one of the guitarists is actually the boyfriend of one of my wives roommates from university. She'd asked her to go and see them, and completely forgot about it until they saw each other there by coincidence. I was relieved to be able to truthfully say that I enjoyed their performance when we were asked. The album is along the lines of Deftones, Korn, etc. Definitely worth a listen.
 
I realised that I should have been putting links on where to listen to the albums I talk about here, so the first two posts in this series have been edited with Spotify links.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.